Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blog Post #5

Children using podcast




In The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale, I leaned a lot about why we would even use podcasting. To be honest I have never really known what it was about. I learned that teachers record themselves while teaching and they upload the videos and the kids can know what's going on when they are not in school, or if they want a refresher. I enjoyed this, not only was it very informational, but it helps people understand what's going on in the classroom. It allows for differentiation in the classroom as well.

The Second one was Langwitches, I thought that this was also a very interesting blog post. The fact that children want to learn just so they can talk in the podcast and even showing the emotion in their voices as they talk is a wonderful thing. I would love to do podcasting in my future classroom, just to see how many kids really do become engaged and want to be informed on what is going on in the classroom.

The last one Judy Scharf Podcast Collection is talking about what and how to use Podcasting. Podcasting is a mix between "broadcast" and a "iPod". I really like this site, because it is informative and answers a lot of questions that a person like me would ask, not even knowing what a podcast was. I would have never thought of using it in the classroom, but I have seen that teachers should have the capability to make these for their children. This one site has helped me understand that podcasting should be brought to schools, not just to help students that have been out for personal reasons, but for children to stay engaged. Children should be encouraged in any way to learn, so by podcasting they make learning their own and make it fun for everyone involved.

4 comments:

  1. Brittnee,
    I think that the Joe Dale blog was also very interesting. I learned a lot about podcast in the classroom and the importance of it. I like how you organized your blog. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to work on summarizing. Think about the rubric we developed in class. Reread what you have written. Can a reader determine what the major points were of the material you read or watched. A lot is missing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brittnee,
    I enjoyed the Langwitches post as well. The students really did seem to be having a great time. I would love to do this with my class. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittnee,

    Listen to Dr. Strange! Also, what tips from the different places did you find most interesting? How would you implement podcasting in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete