Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blog Post #2

Sir Dancealot

After watching the video, I think that this whole class was put together poorly. I would never want to be the kind of teacher that teaches like Dancealot does. There are many things I would change about this class, like reading word for word from the power point. This causes the kids to lose focus, and set their minds on something else. The dance class should never have been in an actual classroom, instead it should have been done in a gym or something to that extent. The area should be big enough for the dancers to move around freely, not sitting in a desk. Dancealot should have been letting the students do the steps when he taught them, not just letting them stare at the board or fall asleep. He had many chances to let the them get up and have some type of entertainment to keep them moving, but instead he chose not to. No one should ever have to go through a class like this, no matter what age they are. I was really disappointed in the way he presented the class with the final. There was no review session or anything saying what was gonna be on the final. There should be no open book final in a dance class, because who can dance and hold a book at the same time? I know that I would not want a teacher to do that to me, so I wouldn't want to do that for any student either.

This is a picture of Students Listening to Teacher Read and being very confused.jpg
Harness Your Students Digital Mind- Amber

Harness your students digital mind is a video about technology in the classroom. Teacher Vicki Davis teaches her students to use their creativity as they use their computers. They create blogs and comment on other students blogs. They are a very interactive class and are technology savvy. I think that is important in the classroom today. Vicki Davis is a great example of a 21st century teacher. She is open minded and allows the students to teach her as well. We both have something in common. I believe in learning together instead of standing in front of a classroom teaching and having students feel inferior to me. Vicki Davis inspires me to become a open minded teacher and more importantly have FUN in the classroom.

Teaching in the 21st Century- Brittnee

I think that Kevin is right, things are changing and that everything is moving to all sorts of different types of media. Kevin Roberts is basically saying that one day teachers will no longer be needed. The video shows that children will be using computers more. Even though children will be used to using all kinds of different technology, they still need someone to show them how everything works. Using all kinds of different things in the classroom would be handy, but in some parts of the world children have never even seen a computer. That’s why we as teachers should have the knowledge of all the different types of advancements so that we can keep the kids up to date as well as ourselves. We are now a filter to education rather than the only source.


Networked Student -Hannah

Wendy Drexler's "Networked Student," served as an eye-opener for me. Everything that children will be able to do online now, and even more so in the next few years, makes me wonder if children will even need a teacher. All learning can be done online. This is if the children find reliable sources. They can communicate with the teacher and other students using any social network.

As of right now, I am not sure if I am prepared to be a teacher of the networked student. Up until the past few years, I have not been a networked student myself. I have also learned more about the use of the internet this year than I ever have. There is still so much more that I need to understand. Hopefully, by the time I graduate, I will be prepared to be a teacher of the networked student. I really enjoyed watching "A seventh Graders Personal Learning Environment." She had all of her sites organized so well. It made it so much easier for her to find everything she needed. She had her school work separated from her leisure activities. I would have to say that her PLE was more organized than mine, but it made me want to change mine for the better.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Brittnee! I'm glad to see you included ALT/TITLE modifiers to your picture! Good job!

    Mr. Dancealot's class was a good example of how Burp Back education works, and it shows that project-based instruction is a much better way to go! The students in Mr. Dancealot's class would have learned so much more if they were allowed to practice the dance moves as he taught them, as you said. Plus, he should have been physically walking them through the dance moves, instead of using a PowerPoint!

    I really like how you said, "We are now a filter to education rather than the only source." This is absolutely true! The internet provides infinite information on subjects students are interested in, but we, as teachers, should make sure our students are getting the right information.

    There are just a few things you need to correct. First, remember to provide links to the blog posts you read or the videos you watched so other people looking at your blog can see what you're talking about! Second, "what" in the first line in the paragraph about Mr. Dancealot should be changed to "want". Then in your paragraph about teaching in the 21st century, you typed "the" twice in a row!

    Good post and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Brittnee!
    Our group is really progressing. We are finally getting the hang of it. Your post is great and includes great detail of the Mr. Dancealot video. I think when we are finally catching on to all the links and things. We will be just fine. Let's work together on improving our blogs! Once again Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Brittnee!
    Great job on you post! I agree that Mr. Dancealot is a horrible teacher. Nobody listens to him and I would hate to have him as my teacher as well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete