Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blog Post #16

walt disney quote about dreaming


My dream classroom that I would want would have to be a fun and safe environment. My thoughts have changed so much since blog post #1. I have learned that technology is very helpful in the classroom. I think that children should be able to understand that technology is very important and will help them succeed in their future. The tools that I would want my class to use would have to be blogs. I have learned that students at any age can use this tool and that it could be very resourceful. I have gotten use to using the Smartboard and I really think that kids could learn better if they have a hands on visual to use. Kids today have grown up with technology like iPads and Smartphones so it would be a disadvantage to them if they came into a classroom and all you gave them to learn with was books and paper. I want to use Project Based Learning in my classroom as well. Using PBL kids would not only learn the material that has been covered but they would understand the objective better. PBL would be real important in my class. I want to use things like Skype or even Google Hangout with my students. I think that podcasts are things I would like to incorporate as well.

Activities that I would use would have to be things that I have found on Smartboard. I can teach a lesson and then have activities that would reinforce what material had been covered that day or week. I think that Padlett would be something I can have the class use as well. I could ask questions and have the class split into groups and have them brainstorm what the possible solutions would be. Then as we did in EDM310 have the different groups explain what their answers were and how they came up with the solution. I want my classroom to be inviting to everyone. If you set up a classroom that the children love and know that they are safe they will enjoy coming to class and learning.

I want to teach fourth graders. I think that each student should start off the school year by creating their own personal blog like we did in EDM310. That way parents and other students around the world can look at these blogs and see all that our class has learned. I want to set up an environment that the kids would love to come in and enjoy learning. PBL is something that I find real important and should be used. This would show that the students are comprehending what we are learning and also letting them have fun. I would like to have my classroom split into groups of no more than four per group. That way the kids can work on things together. I want to incorporate so many different things into the classroom. I can't wait to have a class and show them everything that I have learned and teach them how to us the different types of technologies. I want my future class to have every advantage that is out there to help them succeed in their own personal futures.



2 comments:

  1. "...gotten use to using..." used, not use

    Be a lifelong learner! And don't be surprised if SMARTboards are secondary or tertiary tools. Personal tools are the best in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have found some things you will use in your classroom! Good luck!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete